Re: libsemanage.semanage_install_active: error during semodule -n -v -b base.pp -s refpolicy

Stephen Smalley wrote:
On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 13:35 -0400, Vikram Ambrose wrote:
Stephen Smalley wrote:
On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 10:43 -0400, Vikram Ambrose wrote:
During the "make load" procedure with refpolicy, the semodule command fails, so I tried it manually and I see this error.

root@ubuntu:/home/vikram/refpolicy-ac# semodule -b /usr/share/selinux/refpolicy/base.pp -s refpolicy -v -n
Attempting to install base module '/usr/share/selinux/refpolicy/base.pp':
Ok: return value of 0.
Committing changes:
libsemanage.semanage_install_active: setfiles returned error code 1. (No such file or directory).
whereis setfiles

setfiles and the rest of the SELinux "toolchain" was all built from svn and placed into /hone/testing/root
root's environment has PATH that contains /home/testing/root/bin
as well as LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /home/testing/root/lib

Does libsemanage have a hard coded path to setfiles?

Yes, although it can be overridden via /etc/selinux/semanage.conf.
Add something like:
[setfiles]
path = /path/to/setfiles
[end]

I just noticed the hard coded path in conf-parser.y
Is there a way of doing the above with a generic rule to all of the selinux toolchain and not specifically to "setfiles" as shown above?
Adding that to semanage.conf produce an almost obvious error " error while loading shared libraries: libsepol.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

what sort of environment is libsemanage using to execute setfiles? libsepol and friends are in LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Or you could run semodule in a chroot environment if you've set one up.

What versions are you using?  Is this with the packages included in
Hardy Heron?

svn from yesterday.

I see.  Are you aware that Ubuntu 8.04 has SELinux support (apt-get
install selinux)?  Although you may still want to build a custom policy,
as their initial default policy was minimal.

Yes I am, this was a usability exercise of the SELinux toolchain and refpolicy, therefore distribution packages were not employed.

Thank you for your help Stephen.

--
Vikram Ambrose | Linux Products Division | WindRiver Corporation