Re: [RFC] Context ordering based on MLS dominance.

Dave Quigley wrote:
This patch set was original made to help in providing unioned polyinstantiated
directories for MLS. The method used Unionfs to order the branches from the
highest to lowest levels so when a process at a certain level listed the
directory contents it would see all of the polyinstantiated directories as one
with duplicates exposing the document at the highest level found.

How do you address TS/A and TS/B objects with the same name in
the presence of a TS/A,B subject? In B&L neither is "higher"
than the other, they are incomparable, and the subject should
be able to read both. I suppose you could chose and document
secondary criteria, but I shouldn't think that very satisfactory.

Others have expressed a need for this functionality so the patches have been
revived. The question is should this be done as a kernel interface or should
it be done on the on disk policy file using libsepol?

The kernel patch is based off of Linus' current git tree as of 6/10 while the
libselinux patch is based off of the current svn tree from sourceforge as of
the same date. The patches went through testing initially when I was working
on polyinstantiated directories but I haven't tested the new version so give
them a try and see if they meet your needs.

Whichever way you would do it, I don't think you've
got a general solution to the problem.

Dave

Casey Schaufler
casey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx