question about security

Hello; First I need to start with a status: SELinux seems to be
handling nicely with the latest git, and refpolicy. You guys really do
a good job.
Now for the question: I noticed reading the New York Times that
Comcast was hacked into, after reading the article I couldn't help but
ask the question
of "If comcast was using Linux with SELinux would this have happened".
So the question to SELinux is: If Comcast was using Linux, with
SELinux on there servers
would this attack have been prevented? What should Comcast have had
with there set up to better protect them from this type of
attack?(even though they probably use windows)
How would regular users and small businesses protect themselves from
this type of terrorism?
regards;
--
Justin P. Mattock