Re: Login Identities not applied when logging in...

On 29/03/08 18:52, Lisa R. wrote:
> I realized that I need to run a restorecon after I semanage fcontext so
> that resolved my labeling issue.
>
> However, I still have a problem with my logins.  They aren't being
> applied when I login.
>
> When I semanage user -l as root I see my custom "selinux user" associated
> with the custom label.
>
> When I semange login -l as root I see my custom "selinux user" associated
> with the "login name" that I created with adduser.
>
> However, when I login and run id -Z as my new user I see the default
> security context set when I created the user under root.

This is because the PAM in etch (and even sid) is too old to work with
semanage login.  You need to set the login context by editing
/etc/selinux/refpolicy-strict/context/users/<user>
(I forget the details).

Alternatively if you want to use semanage login (I had some problems with
the old way, but I forget what) you need to upgrade to PAM 0.99.9 or better.
 I have made Debian packages of this at
http://www.martinorr.name/2007/pam/
and Vaclav Ovsik has some at
http://linux.i.cz/debian/pool/main/p/pam/
You will probable need to rebuild these for etch.

> All I am trying to do is apply a new login to one of my users but it
> won't take.
>
> I tried a reboot...
>
> Did I break something or do I need to apply something?
>
> This worked the other day without a problem (likely story but it did).

I have no idea why this was - it shouldn't.

Best wishes,

--
Martin Orr