Re: Getting started with SELinux and Slackware

On Wednesday 12 March 2008 02:33, Stephen Smalley <sds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As far as login goes, Fedora doesn't patch it since they use
> pam_selinux.  If you can't use pam_selinux, then just look to see if
> login.c calls setexeccon() anywhere - it would need to do that to set up
> the user security context for the shell.

I recommend converting a Slackware system to use PAM.

If the same login is used in Slackware as in Debian (there are several login
programs to choose from) then the code is quite hairy and it's easy to make a
mistake.

Back in 2002 I released a login package for Debian which allowed a user to
login with the wrong SE Linux context due to a mistake when patching login
(the Debian login is not the same as the Red Hat login which the patch was
originall written for).

Even sshd (which has a high code quality) is not something that's easy to
modify.

Taking the PAM source from Debian or Fedora and building it on Slackware
should not be that difficult and will probably give a better result than
doing some entirely new development.

--
russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Blog