apache_content_template

I wanted to fix a problem with awstats and httpd_t but I ran into a
problem and just wanted to hear some other ideas.

Awstats uses the apache content template:
apache_content_template(awstats)

And a few awstats icons are labeled as httpd_awstats_content_t. When the
awstats CGI script is executed it generates a HTML file which includes
links to these icons. As soon as the httpd receives a query from the
client to download these icons an AVC is generated and the request is
denied. To allow this I would have to include a rule like:

allow httpd_t httpd_awstats_content_t:dir getattr;
allow httpd_t httpd_awstats_content_t:file { getattr read };

But then I would have to write a require statement for my awstats module
to include the type httpd_t as a dependency. While reading the apache.te
file I recognized three lines:

allow httpd_t httpd_sys_content_t:dir list_dir_perms;
read_files_pattern(httpd_t,httpd_sys_content_t,httpd_sys_content_t)
read_lnk_files_pattern(httpd_t,httpd_sys_content_t,httpd_sys_content_t)

Why aren't these ones included in the apache_content_template like these
ones:

allow httpd_t httpd_$1_content_t:dir list_dir_perms;
read_files_pattern(httpd_t,httpd_$1_content_t,httpd_$1_content_t)
read_lnk_files_pattern(httpd_t,httpd_$1_content_t,httpd_$1_content_t)

This would solve my problem with awstats and what my interpretation of
the httpd_$1_content_t type is that only these files should be red by
the httpd_t directly. I think other ones will run into the same problem
too.

Any thoughts?