Re: [Fwd: excessively verbose policy]

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 09:26 -0500, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> I think that this concern is legitimate, although I understand the
> motivation for the current approach.

I've been thinking about moving this into domain_type() since the only
domain that wouldn't need this would be static linked.  These two
interfaces should also be collapsed into one.

> These are needed by, well, everything. Can't they be assumed-unless-denied?
>
> Similarly, 99% of confined apps need:
>
> 	miscfiles_read_localization()
> 	files_read_etc_files(.)

An approach I was considering was making some sort of interface like
"libs_glibc_linked()" or the like, which would have the above shared
libs access plus things like the above two and other related access that
being linked to a fat libc brings along.

>         pipes & stream sockets

the stream sockets tend to be for syslog(), which the
logging_send_syslog_msg() has.

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC