Re: CORBA and network labeling capabilities

On Wednesday 13 February 2008 8:45:50 pm Clarkson, Mike R (US SSA) wrote:
> Paul,
>
> Thanks for your help. I've got labeled IPSec working on the loopback
> interface. I've still got some policy work to do to get everything
> working like I want, but the labeled IPSec portion appears to be
> working.
>
> The key was enabling XFRM as you mentioned below and updating my setkey
> commands as follows:
>
> spdflush;
> flush;
> spdadd 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 any
> -ctx 1 1 "system_u:object_r:ipsec_spd_t:s0-s4:c0.c255"
> -P in ipsec esp/transport//require;
> spdadd 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 any
> -ctx 1 1 "system_u:object_r:ipsec_spd_t:s0-s4:c0.c255"
> -P out ipsec esp/transport//require;
>
> The key differences are using 127.0.0.1 for both the src and dest
> addresses, and using "any" for the upperspec.

Glad to hear you got everything working.  I forgot to mention this earlier,
but in case you haven't seen it already Joshua Brindle wrote up a nice
article on labeled IPsec which might help you with some of the policy pieces.

 * http://securityblog.org/brindle/2007/05/28/secure-networking-with-selinux

Good luck and let us know if you run into any problems.

--
paul moore
linux security @ hp