Re: java threads

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 08:45 -0500, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 16:56 -0600, Jeremiah Jahn wrote:
> > what allows java to create a new thread? execmem? execstack?
>
> execmem/execstack are memory controls, not thread controls.

That's what I was thinking, but without allowing execmem, java can't
seem to start up a new thread. I know for the longest time, java on
Linux didn't use the standard thread API, so I thought that might be the
cause. I'm just curious to see if anyone knows why this seems to be
required for java to do it's thing with regards to threads.

"If I am elected, the concrete barriers around the WHITE HOUSE will be
replaced by tasteful foam replicas of ANN MARGARET!"