Re: matchpathcon flags

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 15:02 -0500, Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
> I was trying to disable matchpathcon's validation of file contexts
> because I wanted to be able use it in a python script to match against a
> file_contexts that didn't have valid contexts on the running system
> (file_contexts were standard, system was mcs).  However, explicitly
> clearing MATCHPATHCON_VALIDATE still resulted in errors both on stable
> and trunk.  Is this the way the flag is intended to work?

The flag just controls whether all entries are validated upon
matchpathcon_init (or first call to matchpathcon) or lazily validated on
use by matchpathcon just prior to returning them.  But they always get
validated/canonicalized eventually.

It sounds like you want to do something similar to setfiles for -c
(validate against another policy), where it overrides the callback with
its own function via set_matchpathcon_canoncon() [stable] or
selinux_set_callback(SELINUX_CB_VALIDATE...).

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency