Re: reindexing time for SELinux?

On Tuesday 05 February 2008 01:21, "Seth D. Guikema" <sguikema@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am trying to set up SELinux on my Fedora Core 7 workstation. I am
> using the pre-installed GUI SELinux configuration tool in FC7. I
> selected a targeted set-up.

Is it a fresh install or did you just enable SE Linux after previously having
it disabled?

> I was warned that the workstation would need
> to reindex the files at the next reboot and that this would take a
> while. I clicked ok. I rebooted the workstation Saturday morning at
> about 10am. It is still unresponsive (and not available for remote
> connections) and working hard this morning, almost 48 hours later. How
> long should reindexing take?

Not 48 hours.  It's a function of the speed of CPU and disk and the number of
files on disk.  I haven't seen it take more than about an hour on a slow
machine, but as there is no upper limit on the number of files there is also
no upper limit on the theoretical amount of time taken.

Did you boot the machine in permissive or enforcing mode?

--
russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Blog

http://www.coker.com.au/sponsorship.html Sponsoring Free Software development