Re: Fixes for sepolgen to parse Fedora 9 Policy

On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 12:57 -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> Ok although, I think we should fix the policy to not cause this app to
> blow up.  When I give my talks about writing policy, it does not
> translate the handling of the utmp file properly because of this.

But how can we? We're talking about old policies in the wild.

What I really want to do is to always parse everything and just catch
exceptions. The problem is that the parser internal state gets screwed
on some parse errors - haven't been able to track down the problem.

> What policies were broken.  I plan on back porting this change to Fedora 8.

I don't have the exact policy versions. For the Fedora 8 supplied
version it should be fine to drop the blacklist, but not in the upstream
version.

Karl