Re: PATCH: peersid capability support

Paul Moore wrote:
On Thursday 29 November 2007 4:24:35 pm Stephen Smalley wrote:
On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 14:27 -0500, tmiller@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
This is a reworking of the peersid capability patch Joshua sent out
a few weeks ago.  This version requires added explicit declaration of
capabilities in the policy.

I've used the same strings that Paul's kernel diff used (there is
currently just a single capability).

Note that capability declarations are not limited to base.conf /
policy.conf as we would like to eventually get rid of the base vs. module
distinction.
Taking the union of the capabilities at link time seems worrisome to me.
I'd be more inclined to require equivalence or take the intersection.

I agree with Stephen, to allow a single module to set a capability bit without consideration for the rest of the loaded/installed modules could introduce some very weird behavior ... that is unless you policy folks have some freaky ability to peer* into the future ;)

*intentional pun

Aside from this issue have you tried the patch against your kernel patches? We did not test with your kernel, we inspected the policy manually to ensure the ebitmap was set up correctly.