Re: PATCH: peersid capability support

On Friday 30 November 2007 2:06:10 pm Paul Moore wrote:
> On Friday 30 November 2007 12:34:20 pm Todd C. Miller wrote:
> > I see what happened.  When generating the patch I did an svn revert not
> > realizing that of course it wouldn't revert a new file it knew nothing
> > about.  So effectively the new files were duplicated--one copy in the
> > patch and one on the filesystem.
> >
> > Here's a fixed diff that applies to a fresh checkout.
>
> Thanks, that applied without problem.

Probably user error on my end but I'm running into problems trying to make use
of the new code.  Here is what I did, please point out if I'm missing
something ...

1. Compiled the new bits
2. Replaced checkmodule, checkpolicy, load_policy, libsepol and libsemanage
with the patched versions (wasn't really sure what needed to be replaced, do
I need any others?)
3. Created a simple policy module (did I get the syntax for the policycap
right? ... it's been a while since I looked at lex/yacc code):
 policy_module(peer_test,0.0.1)
 policycap network_peer_controls;
 type peer_test_t;
4. Compiled the new module using the unmodified policy Makefile from Rawhide
 Compiling targeted peer_test module
 /usr/bin/checkmodule:  loading policy configuration from tmp/peer_test.tmp
 /usr/bin/checkmodule:  policy configuration loaded
 /usr/bin/checkmodule:  writing binary representation (version 7) to
                        tmp/peer_test.mod
 Creating targeted peer_test.pp policy package
5. Tried installing the module
/usr/sbin/load_policy:  Can't load policy:  Invalid argument
libsemanage.semanage_reload_policy: load_policy returned error code 2.
semodule:  Failed!

Help/Ideas?

--
paul moore