Re: hkp port

On Wednesday 07 November 2007 09:29, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Russell Coker wrote:
> > http://etbe.coker.com.au/2007/11/06/squid-and-se-linux/
> >
> > As described in the above URL I believe that port 11371 (for GPG key
> > transfer) needs to be labelled as http_port_t to permit GPG to use Squid.
>
> Why not just create a new type for this port
>
> network_port(pgpkeyserver, udp, 11371,s0, tcp,11371,s0)
>
> Then give connect access to apache and squid.

A quick probe of some servers revealed that three of them didn't completely
implement the HTTP protocol (IE they weren't proper web servers) and a fourth
was running pks_www (which apparently is a stand-alone daemon not typically
run from a web server).

So it seems that it's not web servers used for this and therefore a new port
type is justified.

Policy for a key server daemon would be good too, I'll write it if I get some
spare time.

--
russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Blog