Re: security context for SPD entries of labeled IPsec

KaiGai Kohei wrote:
> We have to set up several SPD entries with a security context
> to apply labeled IPsec, like as:
>
>   spdadd 192.168.1.10 192.168.1.20 any
>   -ctx 1 1 "system_u:object_r:unconfined_t:s0"
>   -P in ipsec esp/transport//require;
>
> What is the most appropriate context to be specified?
> Or, is the security policy to be modified?
>
> In the current reference policy, several domain have permissions
> of association class for 'self' or 'unlabeled_t'.
> However, it can cause a matter when 'unconfined_t' processes tries
> to connect 'postgresql_t' process running on another host via labeled
> IPsec, for instance.
>
> We can add additional permissions to avoid the matter, as follows:
>   allow postgresql_t unconfined_t : association { ... };
>
> But IMO it makes a bit confusable to apply process's domain as
> a type of SPD entries, like unconfined_t and so on.
>
> I prefer the following description to separate subject and object.
>   allow postgresql_t postgresql_spd_t : association { ... };
>   allow unconfined_t postgresql_spd_t : association { ... };

In policy/modules/system/ipsec.te, ipsec_spd_t is defined as a default
type for IPSEC SPD entries, as follows:

  # Default type for IPSEC SPD entries
  type ipsec_spd_t;
      :
  allow racoon_t ipsec_spd_t:association setcontext;
      :
  allow setkey_t ipsec_spd_t:association setcontext;
      :

However, setkey_t and racoon_t are the all which have any permission
on ipsec_spd_t.
Is it more preferable than applying a domain as a type of SPD entries?

Thanks,

--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>