Re: /run/systemd/inaccessible

On 27.2.2020 14.20, Dominick Grift wrote:
Russell Coker <russell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

allow systemd_logind_t init_var_run_t:chr_file write;

audit2allow shows me that the above is attempted on Debian/Unstable.  What's
this inaccessible directory about anyway?

systemd-userruntimedir (245) now also creates it in /run/user/%{USERID}

The relevant code has this comment:

/* Set up inaccessible nodes now so they're available if we decide to use them with user namespaces. */

probably used for InaccessiblePath= directive but I am not sure.

Yes, these are bind mounted over the path which is wanted inaccessible. Perhaps this could be improved by giving them a dedicated label and then some new TE rules could prevent anything other than PID1 from managing them. Now if a service has CAP_SYS_ADMIN and is not blocked by seccomp filters from using mount and umount system calls, it could dismantle the bind mount.

-Topi

# ls -lZ /run/systemd/inaccessible
total 0
b---------. 1 root root system_u:object_r:init_var_run_t:s0 0, 0 Feb 27 13:36