Re: IB pkey policy problem found via the selinux-testsuite

On 9/3/19 10:30 AM, Daniel Jurgens wrote:

On 8/27/2019 12:24 PM, Paul Moore wrote:
On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 4:58 PM Paul Moore <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 4:35 PM Paul Moore <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,

On a fully up-to-date Rawhide system you need the following line added
to the policy/test_ibpkey.te file to get a clean run of the
selinux-testsuite:

   allow test_ibpkey_access_t self:capability { ipc_lock };

The breakage doesn't appear to be due to a kernel change (previously
working kernels now fail), or a Fedora Rawhide policy change (nothing
relevant changed since the last clean run), but I did notice that my
libibverbs package was updated just prior to the breakage.  I haven't
had the time to dig into the library code, but I expect that to be the
source of the problem.
Just to be clear, I don't believe this breakage is limited to the test
suite, I expect any users of the SELinux IB hooks will run into this
problem.  I believe we need to update the upstream and distro
policies.
A ping to bring this issue back to the top of the mailing list.

Hi Paul, I looked in the libraries and don't see explicit use of mlock. Maybe there was a change to use that access control for get_user_pages? That doesn't really jive with previously working kernels no longer working though.

It would be useful to see the audit messages for that ipc_lock denial, including the SYSCALL record.

There are a number of kernel operations that can trigger ipc_lock checks,
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/ident/CAP_IPC_LOCK

Several of those are infiniband-specific.