Re: Adding a typo-checker for the .fc files of refpolicy

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 6:05 AM Chris PeBenito <pebenito@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 8/18/19 4:38 PM, Nicolas Iooss wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > After introducing a buggy file context in the policy (which will be
> > fixed with https://github.com/SELinuxProject/refpolicy/pull/66), I
> > decided to write a typo-checker for the .fc files. I am re-using some
> > code I have already written in order to label files in /usr/bin
> > correctly on Arch Linux (I wrote this for
> > https://github.com/SELinuxProject/refpolicy/pull/19). It seems it
> > already caught another issue in policy/modules/services/monit.fc. The
> > "s9" seems to be a misspelling for "s0" in:
> >
> > /etc/rc\.d/init\.d/monit --
> > gen_context(system_u:object_r:monit_initrc_exec_t,s9)
> >
> > Is there an interest in having such a script in the repository? If
>
> What are the checks?
>

> > yes, in which directory?
> >
> > In my humble opinion, it would be nice to have such a script and to
> > make Travis-CI run it. I nevertheless feels uncomfortable with putting
> > it in the "support" directory, because it is not involved in building
> > or installing the reference policy. I am therefore suggesting creating
> > a new directory, named "bin" or "scripts". Such a directory would
> > contain scripts such as this typo-checker and some other scripts that
> > could be useful when working on refpolicy. What do you think about
> > this?
>
> "testing" might work too.

Let's got for "testing" then. I began with tests about the endings of
patterns, then added checks on patterns such as "(.*)?", etc. As the
first version of my checker is ready for comments/review, I opened a
Pull Request: https://github.com/SELinuxProject/refpolicy/pull/74. I
tried to write understandable comments in order to make it easier to
know what is checked.

Thanks,
Nicolas