Linux Advisory Watch: August 12th, 2011

| LinuxSecurity.com                               Linux Advisory Watch |
| August 12th, 2011                               Volume 12, Number 33 |
| Editorial Team:              Dave Wreski <dwreski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> |
|                       Benjamin D. Thomas <bthomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> |

Thank you for reading the Linux Advisory Watch Security Newsletter.
The purpose of this document is to provide our readers with a quick
summary of each week's vendor security bulletins and pointers on
methods to improve the security posture of your open source system.

Vulnerabilities affect nearly every vendor virtually every week, so
be sure to read through to find the updates your distributor have
made available.

* Debian: 2292-1: isc-dhcp: denial of service (Aug 11)
   David Zych discovered that the ISC DHCP crashes when processing
   certain packets, leading to a denial of service. For the oldstable
   distribution (lenny), this problem has been fixed in [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155624

* Debian: 2291-1: squirrelmail: various (Aug 8)
   Various vulnerabilities have been found in SquirrelMail, a webmail
   application. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project
   identifies the following vulnerabilities: [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155604

* Debian: 2290-1: samba: cross-site scripting (Aug 7)
   The Samba Web Administration Tool (SWAT) contains several cross-site
   request forgery (CSRF) vulnerabilities (CVE-2011-2522) and a
   cross-site scripting vulnerability (CVE-2011-2694). [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155602

* Debian: 2289-1: typo3-src: Multiple vulnerabilities (Aug 7)
   Several remote vulnerabilities have been discovered in the TYPO3 web
   content management framework: cross-site scripting, information
   disclosure, authentication delay bypass, and arbitrary file deletion.
   More details can be found in the Typo3 security advisory: [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155601

* Red Hat: 2011:1155-01: xorg-x11: Important Advisory (Aug 11)
   Updated xorg-x11 packages that fix one security issue are now
   available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4. The Red Hat Security
   Response Team has rated this update as having [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155628

* Red Hat: 2011:1154-01: libXfont: Important Advisory (Aug 11)
   Updated libXfont packages that fix one security issue are now
   available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6. The Red Hat Security
   Response Team has rated this update as having [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155629

* Red Hat: 2011:1144-01: flash-plugin: Critical Advisory (Aug 10)
   An updated Adobe Flash Player package that fixes multiple security
   issues is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6
   Supplementary. The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this
   update as having critical [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155623

* Red Hat: 2011:1132-01: dbus: Moderate Advisory (Aug 9)
   Updated dbus packages that fix one security issue are now available
   for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6. The Red Hat Security Response
   Team has rated this update as having moderate [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155617

* SuSE: 2011-034: Linux kernel (Aug 12)
   -------------------------------------
   This kernel update for the SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP4 kernel fixes
   several security issues and bugs. Following security issues were
   fixed: CVE-2011-1093: The dccp_rcv_state_process function in
   net/dccp/input.c in the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP)
   implementation  [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155631

* SuSE: 2011-032: IBM Java 5 (Aug 4)
   ----------------------------------
   IBM Java 1.5.0 SR12 FP5 has been released fixing bugs and security
   issues. Following security issues were fixed: CVE-2011-0865:
   Unspecified vulnerability in the Java Runtime Environment (JRE)
   component in Oracle Java SE 6 Update 25 and earlier,	[More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155595

* Ubuntu: 1187-1: Linux kernel (Maverick backport) vulnerabilities (Aug 8)
   Multiple kernel flaws have been fixed.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155613

* Ubuntu: 1186-1: Linux kernel vulnerabilities (Aug 8)
   Multiple kernel flaws have been fixed.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155612

* Pardus: 2011-107: wireshark: Multiple (Aug 8)
   A vulnerability has been fixed in wireshark

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155608

* Pardus: 2011-106: clamav: Denial of Service (Aug 8)
   A vulnerability has been fixed in clamav.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155606

* Pardus: 2011-106: clamav: Denial of Service (Aug 8)
   A vulnerability has been fixed in clamav.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155607

* Pardus: 2011-105: libpng: Multiple Vulnerabilities (Aug 8)
   Multiple vulnerabilities have been fixed in libpng.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155605

* Pardus: 2011-103: libsndfile: Arbitrary Code (Aug 4)
   A vulnerability has been fixed in libsndfile.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155588

* Pardus: 2011-102: libvirt: Multiple Vulnerabilities (Aug 4)
   Multiple vulnerabilities have been fixed in libvirt.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155587

* Pardus: 2011-101: Ruby: Denial of Service (Aug 4)
   A vulnerability has been fixed in ruby, which can be used by local
   attacker to possibly cause denial of service.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155586

* Pardus: 2011-100: Bind: Denial of Service (Aug 4)