Linux Advisory Watch: July 8th, 2011

| LinuxSecurity.com                               Linux Advisory Watch |
| July 8th, 2011                                  Volume 12, Number 28 |
| Editorial Team:              Dave Wreski <dwreski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> |
|                       Benjamin D. Thomas <bthomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> |

Thank you for reading the Linux Advisory Watch Security Newsletter. The
purpose of this document is to provide our readers with a quick summary of
each week's vendor security bulletins and pointers on methods to improve
the security posture of your open source system.

Vulnerabilities affect nearly every vendor virtually every week, so be
sure to read through to find the updates your distributor have made
available.

* Debian: 2275-1: openoffice.org: stack-based buffer overflow (Jul 7)
   Will Dormann and Jared Allar discovered that the Lotus Word Pro
   import filter of OpenOffice.org, a full-featured office productivity
   suite that provides a near drop-in replacement for Microsoft(R)
   Office, is not properly handling object ids in the ".lwp" file
   format. An attacker can [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155421

* Debian: 2274-1: wireshark: Multiple vulnerabilities (Jul 7)
   Huzaifa Sidhpurwala, David Maciejak and others discovered several
   vulnerabilities in the X.509if and DICOM dissectors and in the code
   to process various capture and dictionary files, which could lead to
   denial of service or the execution of arbitrary code. [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155420

* Debian: 2273-1: icedove: Multiple vulnerabilities (Jul 6)
   Several vulnerabilities have been discovered in Icedove, an unbranded
   version of the Thunderbird mail/news client. CVE-2011-0083 /
   CVE-2011-2363 [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155414

* Debian: 2272-1: bind9: denial of service (Jul 5)
   It was discovered that BIND, a DNS server, does not correctly process
   certain UPDATE requests, resulting in a server crash and a denial of
   service. This vulnerability affects BIND installations even if they
   do not actually use dynamic DNS updates. [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155405

* Debian: 2271-1: curl: improper delegation of clie (Jul 2)
   Richard Silverman discovered that when doing GSSAPI authentication,
   libcurl unconditionally performs credential delegation. This hands
   the server a copy of the client's security credentials, allowing the
   server to impersonate the client to any other using the same GSSAPI
   mechanism. [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155394

* Debian: 2270-1: qemu-kvm: programming error (Jul 1)
   It was discovered that incorrect sanitising of virtio queue commands
   in KVM, a solution for full virtualization on x86 hardware, could
   lead to denial of service of the execution of arbitrary code.
   [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155393

* Debian: 2269-1: iceape: Multiple vulnerabilities (Jul 1)
   Several vulnerabilities have been found in the Iceape internet suite,
   an unbranded version of Seamonkey: CVE-2011-0083 / CVE-2011-2363
   [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155392

* Debian: 2266-2: php5: Multiple vulnerabilities (Jul 1)
   The update for CVE-2010-2531 for the old stabledistribution (lenny)
   introduced a regression, which lead to additional output being
   written to stdout. [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155391

* Debian: 2268-1: iceweasel: Multiple vulnerabilities (Jul 1)
   Several vulnerabilities have been found in Iceweasel, a web browser
   based on Firefox: CVE-2011-0083 / CVE-2011-2363 [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155390

* Debian: 2267-1: perl: restriction bypass (Jul 1)
   It was discovered that Perl's Safe module - a module to compile and
   execute code in restricted compartments - could by bypassed. Please
   note that this update is known to break Petal, an XML-based [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155389

* Red Hat: 2011:0926-01: bind: Important Advisory (Jul 7)
   Updated bind and bind97 packages that fix one security issue are now
   available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6. The Red Hat Security
   Response Team has rated this update as having [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155422

* Red Hat: 2011:0919-01: qemu-kvm: Important Advisory (Jul 5)
   Updated qemu-kvm packages that fix two security issues and one bug
   are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6. The Red Hat
   Security Response Team has rated this update as having [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155404

* Red Hat: 2011:0920-01: krb5-appl: Important Advisory (Jul 5)
   Updated krb5-appl packages that fix one security issue are now
   available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6. The Red Hat Security
   Response Team has rated this update as having [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155403

* Red Hat: 2011:0918-01: curl: Moderate Advisory (Jul 5)
   Updated curl packages that fix one security issue are now available
   for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, 5, and 6. The Red Hat Security
   Response Team has rated this update as having moderate [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155402

* Ubuntu: 1164-1: Linux kernel vulnerabilities (i.MX51) (Jul 6)
   Multiple kernel flaws have been fixed.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155413

* Ubuntu: 1162-1: Linux kernel vulnerabilities (Marvell Dove) (Jul 5)
   Multiple kernel flaws have been fixed.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155407

* Ubuntu: 1163-1: Bind vulnerability (Jul 5)
   An attacker could send crafted input to Bind and cause it to crash.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155406

* Pardus: 2011-91: lftp: MITM (Jul 7)
   A vulnerability has been fixed in lftp.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155417

* Pardus: 2011-90: Perl: Assertion Failure (Jul 7)
   A vulnerability has been fixed in perl.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155416

* Pardus: : Security Summary: Summary (Jul 7)
   A vulnerability has been fixed in openssh.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155415