Linux Advisory Watch: July 1st, 2011

| LinuxSecurity.com                               Linux Advisory Watch |
| July 1st, 2011                                  Volume 12, Number 27 |
| Editorial Team:              Dave Wreski <dwreski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> |
|                       Benjamin D. Thomas <bthomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> |

Thank you for reading the Linux Advisory Watch Security Newsletter. The
purpose of this document is to provide our readers with a quick summary of
each week's vendor security bulletins and pointers on methods to improve
the security posture of your open source system.

Vulnerabilities affect nearly every vendor virtually every week, so be
sure to read through to find the updates your distributor have made
available.

Using the sec-wall Security Proxy
---------------------------------
This article full of examples will show you various ways to test services
secured using sec-wall, a feature-packed high performance security proxy.

http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155234

* Debian: 2266-1: php5: Multiple vulnerabilities (Jun 29)
   Several vulnerabilities were discovered in PHP, which could lead to
   denial of service or potentially the execution of arbitrary code.
   CVE-2010-2531 [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155374

* Debian: 2210-2: tiff: Multiple vulnerabilities (Jun 25)
   The recent tiff update DSA-2210-1 introduced a regression that could
   lead to encoding problems of tiff files. This update fixes this
   problem (bug #630042). [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155354

* Red Hat: 2011:0910-01: ruby: Moderate Advisory (Jun 28)
   Updated ruby packages that fix three security issues are now
   available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6. The Red Hat Security
   Response Team has rated this update as having moderate [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155368

* Red Hat: 2011:0909-01: ruby: Moderate Advisory (Jun 28)
   Updated ruby packages that fix multiple security issues are now
   available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. The Red Hat Security
   Response Team has rated this update as having moderate [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155366

* Red Hat: 2011:0908-01: ruby: Moderate Advisory (Jun 28)
   Updated ruby packages that fix multiple security issues are now
   available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4. The Red Hat Security
   Response Team has rated this update as having moderate [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155367

* Slackware: 2011-178-01: pidgin: Security Update (Jun 28)
   New pidgin packages are available for Slackware 12.2, 13.0, 13.1,
   13.37, and -current to fix a security issue.	[More Info...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155359

* Slackware: 2011-174-01: mozilla-firefox: Security Update (Jun 24)
   New mozilla-firefox packages are available for Slackware 13.0, 13.1,
   13.37, and -current to fix security issues.  [More Info...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155353

* SuSE: 2011-027: Linux kernel (Jun 29)
   -------------------------------------
   This kernel update for the SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP3 kernel fixes
   several security issues and bugs. Following security issues were
   fixed: CVE-2011-1593: Multiple integer overflows in the next_pidmap
   function in kernel/pid.c in the Linux kernel allowed local users to
   cause a  [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155373

* Ubuntu: 1149-2: Firefox regression (Jun 29)
   In rare instances, Firefox could have trouble accessing some
   websites.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155375

* Ubuntu: 1160-1: Linux kernel vulnerabilities (Jun 28)
   Multiple kernel vulnerabilities have been fixed.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155360

* Ubuntu: 1158-1: curl vulnerabilities (Jun 23)
   Multiple vulnerabilities in curl.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155346

* Ubuntu: 1157-3: Firefox regression (Jun 23)