Re: Script for DMZ

Although this is generally geared towards Linux security, which firewall
are you using?

I am also a firm believer in understanding the technology that you are
deploying. Although scripts can make things easier, if you don't
understand exactly what you are doing (especially w/ a firewall) then it
will be real easy to break something, or have one rule that completely
defeats the entire rule chain.

My recommendations are (if time permits) learn the firewall that you
will be using, get familiar with it (hell, intimate :)). Once you phase
that out, then you can use an easily deployable script to help automate
the process. Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Alberto Gonzalez