Re: Unwittingly flooding my internal network?

On Monday 24 February 2003 23:41, you wrote:
run lsof on the box and do something like:
lsof | grep 631 and this will show you the program thats sending or recieving
on that port . Ethereal and tcpdump are also great tools in assiting you in
this process

> I just upgraded to Mandrake 9.0 on one of my boxes and my internal IDS has
> now logged about 6500 packets from that machine.  It appears to be
> broadcasting on the local subnet udp packets destined to udp/631.  Has
> anyone ran into this problem?  Does anyone know of a good way to trouble
> shoot which service this is coming from?
>
> Any help will be appreciated
> Lora Woodworth, CISSP
> INFOSEC
> CTA Inc.
> (719)590-5135
> lora.woodworth@cta.com

Today's scientific question is: What in the world is electricity?

And where does it go after it leaves the toaster?
		-- Dave Barry, "What is Electricity?"