Re: new to list

Evan Hayes wrote:
Hello. I am new to this list. I run my own private Linux box from my home and I have as yet no professional position, but practice (at home) makes perfect. I joined hoping to learn more about Linux security and see how I might apply myself and free time (hah) to this area. I am a self taught c/c++ programmer of 4 years. I welcome any suggestions concerning topics I might tackle, jobs to be done.

check out linuxsecurity.com, i think sf also has listserv for linux oriented community as well. i highly recommend finding a local linux user groups (lug) as well. if you want to learn more about security, i would also recommend doing some reading on different os such as *bsd, solaris, etc... btw - solaris does have x86 release so you could tested at your home machine with multiple partition/slice, etc... good luck!

--
<gyoo [at] attbi [dot] com>