Re: Web Server

On Wednesday 15 January 2003 05:44, Sergio A de Lima Jr. wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I am have serious problem with Apache Web Server (1.3.27).
>
> This is server accept request for VH that not hosted in server.
>
> How to bloking this is requests.

Simple, you can't!

If a request for a virtual host comes in, and there is no match, Apache will
use the first virtual host entry. What you can do then, is make your first
virtual host return a page indicating that there is no such host on your web
server.

Make sure you set the directory seperate to any other virutal hosts though.

eg. if you set it to /var/www and have another host configured at
/var/www/other, then requests to http://unown.host/other (where unkown.host
is some host not configured on your server) will return pages from your
configured host and not the error page.

You should make the unconfigured hosts directory something like
/var/www/nohost and make sure there are no other hosts configured under this
directory tree.

Alternatively, you could use a handler directive in your first virtual host
to always return the same page regardless of the request. Have a look at the
AddHandler directive in the apache docs for this.

Cheers,
Paul.