Re: Security Issues

Here is a presentation that I've done that may give you a baseline to
start your work and research on.

www.sukkha.info/security/comp-security-ppt.zip

On Sat, 4 Jan 2003, Kristoffer Roheim Justad wrote:

> CZ wrote:
>
> >Hello Gurus:
> >
> >I have to prepare a set of documents regarding security issues about my
> >company, so I can show them, how intruders can get into our systems, Internet,
> >data corruption, etc.; and buy the necessary hardware and software protection.
> >Does anyone has done something like this that can send me something to start
> >working on the documentation?
> >
> >Thanks to all in advance,
> >
> >Cheers

> well, software protection = encryption right? in that case, I can advice
> you to a great program. GnuPG.org worth cheking out.
> And how intruders can get into your system is simple I guess (?). Just
> running ex. and old version of sendmail, and you are almoast guaranteed
> that some kiddie will try to exploit you with a exploit he downloaded
> from packet storm or something like that.
> How to prevent a breach on a server, would be to run minimal processes,
> and up-to-date software, using firewall (software and/or hardware
> based), and maybe a kernel patch?
>
> Greets, Kristoffer

duane

'People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought
which they avoid.'
- Kierkegaard

http://www.linuxsecurity.com/feature_stories/feature_story-132.html
http://www.linuxsecurity.com/feature_stories/feature_story-116.html