Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:02:36 +0900
Subject: Re: *nix/BSD Book Suggestions

Linux Security (Craig Hunt Libraray) (and pretty much the whole Craig
Hunt Library is pretty good)

Unix System Administration Handbook, Third Edition
or
Linux System Administration Handbook (2002 pub date)

Oreilly just published the 3rd edition of "Essential System
Administration" Armadillo cover

Linux and Unix in a Nutshell books are must haves

Building secure Linux servers (Oreilly)

Linux Administration a Users Guide (Marcel Gagne' easy read packed with
good info)

Oreilly books that are musts:
Bind and DNS (Cricket Liu <SP>)
Managing NFS and NIS
Apache web server (horse boook)
Sendmail (bat book)
Learning Bash
Learning GNU Emacs (if emacs desired??)
Linux Network Administrators Guide (available on the internet)
Running Linux
Perl for system Administration (eventually swallow the rest first)

Enjoy

David Blomberg