Keyword Sanitization

I am searching for a software based tool or a BASH script to search my hard
disk under the Red Hat 7.2 OS for keywords that are on a list I create.  I
then need to remove or replace these words.  Is anyone out there aware of
where I could get more information on such tools or where I could
download/purchase them?

Thanks!!

Warren Lerner
Associate