Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:55:18 -0800
Subject: Subnetting 127.x?

Hello,

  I have some devices connected to 3 subnets.  2 are
public, and 1 is used for management of these devices.
 I want to prevent any packets from the public subnets
being fowarded to the management subnet.  A couple of
people suggest I subnet the 127.x address space to do
this.  I tried it and got this error, "sendto: Invalid
argument".
  I suspect this is not supported by Linux and it's
probably not even a legal used of the loopback
addresses.  Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,
Sherwin

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Best Regards,