Linux Advisory Watch - August 16th 2002

|  LinuxSecurity.com                        Linux Advisory Watch |
|  August 16th, 2002                        Volume 3, Number 33a |

  Editors:     Dave Wreski                Benjamin Thomas
               dave@linuxsecurity.com     ben@linuxsecurity.com

Linux Advisory Watch is a comprehensive newsletter that outlines the
security vulnerabilities that have been announced throughout the week. It
includes pointers to updated packages and descriptions of each
vulnerability.

This week, advisories were released for cvs, mailman, hylafax,
interchange, l2tpd, xinetd, glibc, modssl, chfn, libpng, bind, xchat,
shareutils, tcl/tk, mm, and ipppd.  The vendors include Caldera, Debian,
Gentoo, Mandrake, OpenBSD, Red Hat, SuSE, Trustix, and Yellow Dog.

* Developing with open standards?  * Demanding High Performance?

Catch the Oracle9i JDeveloper wave now and check out how built-in
profilers and CodeCoach make your Java code tighter and faster than ever
before.

 --> Download your FREE copy of Oracle9i JDeveloper Today.
 --> http://ads.linuxsecurity.com/cgi-bin/ad_redirect.pl?id=oracle4

FEATURE: Centralized File-Integrity With Samhain Part I There is no silver
bullet in security; rather, due diligence and knowledge are the best
foundations for solid management of risk. The focus of this document is
distinctively on workstations: those located in a corporate environment,
those situated at the house, and the myriad of situations that fall
somewhere in-between.

http://www.linuxsecurity.com/feature_stories/feature_story-116.html

)) FREE Apache SSL Guide from Thawte  ((
Are you worried about your web server security? Click here to get a
FREE Thawte Apache SSL Guide and find the answers to all your Apache
SSL security needs.
       ---->  http://www.gothawte.com/rd363.html <-----