R: Syslog and Router

Hi, Concerning how to tell a given log server to accept log input from
another host just watchout /etc/syslogd.conf

you will find something like...

# /etc/syslog.conf
# For info about the format of this file, see "man syslog.conf" (the =
BSD man
# page), and /usr/doc/sysklogd/README.linux.
#
# My changes
#*.=3Dinfo;=3Dnotice                                        =
/var/log/syslog

*.=3Dinfo;*.=3Dnotice                               /usr/adm/messages
*.=3Ddebug                                        /usr/adm/debug

# We don't log messages of level 'warn'.  Why?  Because if you're =
running
# a news site (with INN), each and every article processed generates a
# warning and a disk access.  This slows news processing to a crawl.
# If you want to log warnings, you'll need to uncomment this line:
*.warn                                          /usr/adm/messages
*.err
                                /usr/adm/syslog
# Logging kernel complains
*.=3Dkern                                         /usr/adm/syslog

# FRED
# Down here you can decide the name of the remote host possibly binding =
the
remote host's ip address with his relative name in /etc/hosts.
# then put in the hostname here... It should work..... AS concerning =
what to
do in the router side....... don't anything to say....=20
# don't have the possibily to "play with routers... :(( ...
# This might work instead to log on a remote host:
# FRED
# *                     @hostname

# END SECTION
see ya