Transparent Proxy & IPtables

   Hi everybody !!!

   I have one problem with my project and I would like some help.

   I'm implemanting transparent proxy in my network. I'm using
SQUID and IPtables for this.

   The scnerario:

   |----------|  eth1|----------|eth0              |------------|
   | Internet |------| Firewall |--------|---------| My Network |
   |----------|      |----------|        |         |------------|

                                     |-------|
                                     | SQUID |
                                     |-------|

   The idea (project):

   The users in my network must to access http through of squid instead
directly.

   The rules:

     --> SQUID:

          httpd_accel_host virtual
          httpd_accel_port 80
          httpd_accel_single_host off
          httpd_accel_with_proxy on
          httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

     --> IPTables:

          iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -s ! squid-box -p tcp --dport 80
-j DNAT --to squid-box:8080
          iptables -A FORWARD -s local-network -d squid-box -i eth0 -o eth0 -p
tcp --dport 8080 -j ACCEPT

     The problem:

          The iptables changes the destination (from anywhere:80 to
squid-box:8080), but the SQUID didn't receive none packets on port 8080.

     Can somebody help me ?

     Thanks in advance,

              Tiago Fioreze

*         Administrador da Rede            *
*     Núcleo de Ciência da Computação      *
*   Universidade Federal de Santa Maria    *
* Santa Maria - Rio Grande do Sul - Brasil *