Re: chkrootkit

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 03:05:06PM -0700, David Correa said sometin like...

> It would be nice if some people could try it and send
> some feed back to the list.
>
> http://www.chkrootkit.org/
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/chkrootkit/?topic_id=43

I can provide my feed back for it, but haven't written anything formal up
yet.

I have (and do) use it extensivly on all of the machines I admin. It's a
great tool which checks for many different system things it checks for, the
main ones being known rootkits. It also checks for backdoor'd binaries,
snifffers, whether or not your ethernet card is in promisuous mode, and a
variety of other informational items. I will be including the output
(abbreviated) in secheck in the next release, as I think it's pretty
valuable.