Question: Mandrake 8.1 /etc/issue* files

Hi,

I have a question regarding the use of the /etc/issue* files in Mandrake
8.1. I've only recently started looking into Mandrake (I'm a Redhat fan) and
I've been playing with various configs trying to make my box more secure.

I want to comment out the contents of my /etc/issue and /etc/issue.net
files so that the OS/Version is not displayed to users who ssh to my box.
I've commented out the files, but when I reboot, the files are overwritten
back to their original state so that the login prompt still shows the
OS/Version info. What settings can I change to stop this?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Paul