From: "Douglas J Hunley" <doug@hunley.homeip.net>
To: <security-discuss@linuxsecurity.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 1:57 PM
Subject: Re: shutting down identd (auth)

BUNTER MATTHEW spewed electrons into the ether that assembled into:
> Use xinetd, you can get security settings down to fine details using
> xinetd.

> a nice inetd replacement is tcpserver. I can recommend it.
> jan

you're both confused. he's talking about identd on port 113. not inetd
(which
runs identd).
just edit /etc/inetd.conf and comment out the identd line. no boggie
--
Douglas J Hunley (doug at hunley.homeip.net) - Linux User #174778
Admin: Linux StepByStep - http://www.linux-sxs.org

We will talk about time travel yesterday.