Re: Avoid using Windows for the Internet

On Sun, 10 Mar 2002 13:47:53 -0500 (EST)
"Philip Ching (605.734.71)" <pching@aplcenMP.apl.jhu.edu> quietly
intimated:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to avoid using Windows for connection to the Internet
> because of potential in getting the worms and virus. But sometimes
> I have no choice.
>
> I can get pages number printed on every page (and URL too) of the
> documents that I downloaded from some sites if I use a MS Windows
> systems. Both Netscape and IE will give me the page numbers.
>
> However, if I use RedHat Linux (i.e., Netscape) connect to the
> Internet and do a download, I can never get pges numbers on the
> papers.
>
> Is there a simple way to setup the pages numbers in Netscape or
> Moziller (under Linux) so that can I have page numbers printed?
>
> Can some one tell me how to do that? Thanks!

You already have mozilla installed (and it's required), so install
galeon. It does what you want, let's you do a preview, which means you
can select which pages to print, from anywhere in the document, has page
numbers, URLs, etc.

One caveat is that particular versions of galeon require particular
versions of mozilla. So you might have to experiment to get the 2
versions to coincide. The best way is to go to the galeon homepage
(http://galeon.sourceforge.net/) and download it from there, making sure
you have the version of mozilla it calls for. That might mean upgrading
mozilla, it might not.

--
Five days a week my body is a temple. The other two, it's an amusement
park.