RE: openssh

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, v0id [CNS] wrote:

> If it isn't an MD5 issue, try adding the following to /etc/hosts.allow
>
> sshd:ALL
>
> or
>
> sshd:127.0.0.1

If it were a libwrap issue then the initial key exchange wouldn't have
taken place and he wouldn't even have gotten a password prompt.  Make sure
the maynard user is either in Allow{Users,Groups} or not in
Deny{Users,Groups}.  Make sure they have a valid shell and are allowed to
'login normally".

Finally, tail the logs and see if there are any errors.  If none then run
sshd in debug mode (sshd -d).

There is no help we can provide you with the little information you've
provided.

Cheers,
Ryan