openssh

to all,

 anybody knows how to fix my problem? i have a linux
box and installed new version of openssh? i successfully
did it and the only problem is i can't ssh to the server
 itself. the error is:

 [maynard@cache]$ ssh cache
 maynard@cache's password:
 Permission denied, please try again.
 maynard@cache's password:
 Permission denied, please try again.
 maynard@cache's password:
 Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive).
 [maynard@cache]$

 what is my fault? please help me... thanks in advance!

maynard