Secure patches

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has tried the NSA Secure Linux patch and/or Grsecure
patch? I have been toying with both, and having a little booting either. So I
am wondering which one I shud devote time to? I want to work this out on my
own for now, so no specific booting questions, just wondering what members of
this list think of them.

These patches do bring up one question. I have noticed many distros customize
their kernel, Mandrake comes to mind. These patches work on the newest raw
kernel, which would not have the distro specific patches. I am wondering is
the trade off worth it?

--
Best Regards, Bruce
Bruce E. Harris <beharri@speakeasy.net>