Re: Unable to locate ip_masq_ftp

It kind of looks as though you built and installed the kernel, but did not make the modules
correctly. Try rebuilding the modules from /usr/src/linux (or where ever) with

cd /usr/src/linux ;
make clean;
make modules;
make modules_install;
/sbin/lilo;

(or where ever you built the kernel from) and then
and then reboot your system.
When the system comes back up "depmod" it and everything should be fine.
Make sure you select to use netfilter/iptables to replace the ipchains it currently looks for
when you built the kernel orignally.
Also I would recommend upgrading your kernel to the lastest Stable release, then again check
advisories for your system binaries
before doing that. That way you get a new kernel and new modules. 2.4.2 was never really a
nice kernel, in my opinion and I only used it for testing.

"pckumar@questech.co.in" wrote:

> If i give
>
> modeprobe ip_nat_ftp
> It gives the following error
>
> /lib/modules/2.4.2-2/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.o: init_module:
> Device or resource busy
> Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
> including invalid IO or IRQ parameters
> /lib/modules/2.4.2-2/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.o: insmod
> /lib/modules/2.4.2-2/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.o failed
> /lib/modules/2.4.2-2/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.o: insmod
> ip_nat_ftp failed
>
> Please tell me what do i have to do
>
> Hans-Joachim Picht wrote:
>
> >On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 04:57:10PM +0530, pckumar_n@yahoo.com wrote:
> >
> >Hi,
> >
> >>Please Tell me how to find ip_masq_ftp in Redhat Linux 7.x.. When i try
> >>to run
> >>

> >in Kernel 2.4 this modules was renamed.
> >

> >># modprobe ip_masq_ftp
> >>
> >>It gives an error " unable to locate ip_masq_ftp"
> >>

> >Try modprobe ip_nat_ftp
> >
> >The module is located here in Redhat 7.2 :
> > /lib/modules/2.4.7-10/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_nat_ftp.o
> >
> >With best regards
> >
> >    Hans
> >

> --
> Questech India Ltd.
> 'Questech Towers'
> 410, 100 ft road,
> 4th Block, Koramangala,
> Bangalore-560 034. INDIA.
> Tel : +91- 80 - 5524771
>         +91- 80 - 5524772
> Email : pckumar@questech.co.in
> Web  : http : // www.questech.net

> Any Opinions, explicit or implied, are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
> represent those of Questech. This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged
> information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error)
> please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying,
> disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

S. Sargent | lan-x.net | 209.825.0768 | UIN# 1778991
If a split personalities person threatens suicide, is that a hostage situation?