Re: Avoiding Buffer Overflows

Hi there.

That's now a bit off topic from the original question/discussion, but
also regarded to buffer overflows and avoiding them.

Someone told me a program like this:
[--snip--]

#include <stdio.h>

int
main(int argc, char **argv)
{
         char buf[100];
         strcpy(buf, argv[1]);
         exit(1);
}

[--snip--]

would not be exploitable because of the "exit(1)".
I'm not familiar with C yet so I don't know if he's right or not. I
looked for some text which handles this topic but I couldn't find
one. Even Smashing the stack for fun and profit doesn't mention this
aspect so now I'm confused.
May someone here can tell me what's right :-)

thx a lot
    Tom