libwww-perl install

I am not part of the list, i dont want to receive 200 emails that i have to
sort through each day, please REPLY to me with the CC option please.

I am trying to learn about Apache and such so I bought the Apache Web Server
book: Craig Hunt series from Sybex and one of the first things is to install
libwww-perl.  I installed Perl 5, then I DLed libwww-perl and tried to
install it but i cant use the "setenv LIBWWW_PERL
/usr/local/lib/libwww-perl-0.40" .....the "setenv" command isnt found.  What
do i do?
Rob