RE: Configuring RedHat Linux 7.1 as a gateway server without IPChains.

Here is a simple iptables script that i use on my local lan.

#!/bin/bash
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------#
#                          NAT i Firewall                              #
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------#
#                                                    Tanis 20011130  #
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------#

IPT="/sbin/iptables"
MDP="/sbin/modprobe"
RMD="/sbin/rmmod"

. /etc/init.d/functions

case "$1" in
  start)
        #cargar modulos
        echo -n "Cargando módulos de iptables:"
        echo_success
        echo
        $MDP ip_tables
        $MDP ip_conntrack
        $MDP ip_conntrack_ftp
        $MDP ip_nat_ftp
        $MDP iptable_nat
        $MDP iptable_filter
        $MDP ipt_MASQUERADE
        $MDP ipt_LOG

   #Borrar regles, i la chain firewall
        echo -n "Flush de reglas y chains:"
        echo_success
        echo
        $IPT -F
        $IPT -F -t nat
        $IPT -X firewall

        #Activar Masquerading.
        echo -n "Activando masquerading:"
        echo_success
        echo
      $IPT -A POSTROUTING -t nat -s YOU_LAN_HERE -j MASQUERADE -o eth0
        $IPT -P FORWARD ACCEPT

        #Activar forwading
        echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

        #Creem la chain firewall (elemina pakets i deixa log)
        echo -n "Activando reglas de firewall:"
        echo_success
        echo
        $IPT -N firewall
        $IPT -A firewall -j LOG --log-level 6 --log-prefix "Firewall: "
        $IPT -A firewall -j DROP

        #Acceptem localhost
        $IPT -A INPUT -s 127.0.0.1/32 -d 127.0.0.1/32 -j ACCEPT

  	#ens acceptem a nosaltres (lo)
        $IPT -A INPUT -j ACCEPT -i lo
        #Acceptem tota la intranet
  $IPT -A INPUT -j ACCEPT -i eth1 <<<----- the device where your lan is

	#EXAMPLE CONFIGURATION, PUT YOUR OWN RULES HERE

 $IPT -A INPUT -p tcp -s $TANIS --destination-port 22 -j ACCEPT
        $IPT -A INPUT -p tcp -s $TANIS --destination-port 80 -j ACCEPT

 	#---------------------------------------------------------------#
        # Els pakets udp ke han arribat aki son xungos            #
       #---------------------------------------------------------------#
        $IPT -A INPUT -p udp -j firewall

#---------------------------------------------------------------#
        # Tot el ke arriba fins aki tendria ke ser nomes icmp  #
        # aixi ke tallem tot el demes                              #
       #---------------------------------------------------------------#

        $IPT -A INPUT -p '!' icmp -j firewall

       ;;
  stop)
        #Borrar regles, i la chain firewall
        echo -n "Flush de reglas y chains:"
        echo_success
        echo
        $IPT -F
        $IPT -F -t nat
        $IPT -X firewall
        #cargar modulos
        echo -n "Descargando módulos de iptables:"
        echo_success
        echo
        $RMD ipt_LOG
        $RMD ipt_MASQUERADE
        $RMD iptable_filter
        $RMD iptable_nat
        $RMD ip_conntrack
        $RMD ip_tables     ;;

 restart)
        $0 start
        ;;
 status)
        echo "********************************************************"
        echo "*                  Tabla de filtrado                   *"
        echo "********************************************************"
        $IPT -nL
        echo "********************************************************"
        echo "*                     Tabla de NAT                     *"
        echo "********************************************************"
        $IPT -nL -t nat

 esac

 exit 0

El mié, 05-12-2001 a las 16:13, Gabriel Floyd escribió:

> I would be most interested in a sample of your NAT/Firewall & IPTables
> implementation.  I'm just starting to get into firewalling (just got DSL),
> and would sure appreciate any help offered!
>
> Gabriel
>

> On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Bernard Hoffman wrote:
>
> > I just recently completed a basic NAT/Firewall solution with iptables on
> > RedHat 7.1  If you would like my sample, contact me directly.
> >
> > -=Berns
> >
> > ------
> > Bernard Hoffman
> > Director of Software Engineering
> > e | Market Capital, Inc.
> > 610-592-0522
> > http://www.emarketcapital.com

Andreu Sánchez Costa - Internet Web Serveis - Dep. Gestión de Sistemas
Tlf. +34 973 234 106 - http://www.iws.es
pub  1024D/0FE5FDFD 2001-12-04 Andreu Sánchez Costa <tanis@lleida.com>
Key fingerprint = 72AD AB63 5037 25BD 083B  9454 548D 55A7 0FE5 FDFD
Key available at http://www.taniz.org/

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --