RE: Choosing the correct Linux Red Hat version...

7.2 is just fine. just un-install and turn off what you don't need.
then configure an iptables firewall to allow only certain ports in.

-----Original Message-----
From: listadmin@linuxsecurity.com [mailto:listadmin@linuxsecurity.com]On
Behalf Of Henning Seljenes
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 10:00 PM
To: security-discuss@linuxsecurity.com
Subject: Choosing the correct Linux Red Hat version...

I'm about to setup a Counter-Strike server, but was wondering which version
of Red Hat (no, I won't change, sorry) I should run... I see a lot of people
saying 6.2 is better then 7.0 (7.1,7.2) because it is more secure... which
to me, I don't understand...  I have composed a small list of what the
server will be running:

Counter-Strike Server (halflife with cs mod) with hlstats (log analyzer for
the game)
Apache
MySQL
PHP
OpenSSH
vBulletin

I don't really want x windows or any of that stuff... just command-prompt so
I can run those programs...   any suggestions?