RE: Linux Firewall

I was going to suggest the bridge method too as an innovative method of
firewalling without subnetting.

I have actually tried this and it works a treat - I applied the diffs to a
2.4.9 kernel and it worked, no problems.  This is arguably more secure than
a conventional firewall as you don't need any IP addresses on the firewall
itself - even if you want an IP address on the firewall for management you
can just put one on the "inside" interface and keep things nice and secure....

I think you can also do NAT with the bridge firewall, and yes there is a point!

Graham.