Re: Question about .eml files I am finding

On Sun, 11 Nov 2001, Matt Jezorek wrote:
> From: Matt Jezorek <matt@bluelinux.org>

> Well I have rulled out my computer for nimda seems that it is still putting
> .eml files on my server without samba shares maped, dont know what else to
> do on it.

Here is some of the info I found =>

From: Thomas Biege <thomas@suse.de>
To: <bugtraq@securityfocus.com>
Subject: SuSE Security Announcement: wmaker/WindowMaker (SuSE-SA:2001:032

IIS webservers and uploads a file called "readme.eml" which is being
downloaded by the client's browser. Some versions of the Internet
Explorer even execute this file without the user's knowledge. A
temporary workaround for sites that use a squid proxy to access the
internet would be to add these three lines to the /etc/squid.conf
file: