Masquerade/FTP

I haven't been getting much luck with this topic on this or any other list, so I thought I'd re-post.
Comments/suggestions are welcome and appreciated.  - Thanks!

{snip}
-------------------------------
We've recently purchased WsFTP Server ver. 2.02 with SSL for use on our windoze-based network.
Our external co-workers use WsFTP client to update pages to the website.
We have a Linux firewall and a DMZ setup for our Web/FTP server in which everything passing through the firewall is masqueraded.
Likewise the clients on the other LAN are being masq'd.
After trying out this setup and failing, I found buried deep in the WsFTP knowledge base a comment that says you cannot make a secure connection if both the clients and the server are being masq'd (They used the term NAT - same difference)
After contacting Support, Their solution was to place the FTP server OUTSIDE the firewall.  Excuse me?
Has anyone else run into this before and found a better work-around?
Thanks in advance!

   ~ Trevor ~

Trevor Wise
Assistant Internet Facilitator