pop3 server

hey all,
 i've just installed qmail on my server, but i'm afraid i can't install
its pop server because all my mailboxes are in the linux bsd format.
Almost all of the users of my network use pine.
 i've already searched for other pop server, but every one that i find on
internet claim to be fast and secure. As i'm already using qmail, which i
know is fast and, specially, secure, i wouldn't like to install a
non-secure pop server.
 so, do u have any recomendations?
 thanks

Gustavo Sudre