Re: Newbie: Having Trouble with "gimp-image-add-layer"

ppapostol wrote:
> I'm trying to open an existing image as a layer
>
> (define (script-fu-sonaya-bckgnd)
> (let* (
> (ImageId (aref (cadr (gimp-image-list)) 0)) ;get the image id
> (Sonaya (car (gimp-file-load-layer 1 ImageId "D:\\mi\\brd02.png")))
> )
> (gimp-image-add-layer ImageId Sonaya -1)
> )

In order for the above to work you must have at least one open image before
running the script.

> Also, how can I see values of variables in the console window during
> script execution ? Someone said I can "define" them, how do I do
> this ?

The "define" function is used to define something (ie. make a new variable).
It is not used to show you the value, or contents, of something. If you want
to see the values of a variable, use "display".

It used to be possible to have output from Script-Fu be seen on the console
from which GIMP was run but I think that was changed a while ago. The way to
test your script is to run it from within the Script-Fu console.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

                                 |  Try to assimilate the world!"